Hepatitis C can only be found in blood.
Hepatitis C is passed from one person to another by:
- sharing needles or other injection equipment
- tattoos and piercings done in unlicensed or noncommercial settings
- having sex (vaginal, anal, or oral) with a person who has Hepatitis C
- during pregnancy, this risk is very low
- getting a blood transfusion or organ donation from a person with Hepatitis C prior to 1992
- anyone born between 1945-1965, Baby Boomers
If you answer “yes” to ANY of these statements you may be at increased risk for Hepatitis C.
To inquire about free and confidential HIV testing in your area, make the toll-free call at 1-800-966-9735.